If you’re thinking about waiting until the holidays are over to list your home, here are six reasons why now is actually a great time to sell:
1. Buyers tend to be more serious about buying. On top of that, inventory tends to dip in November and December before increasing dramatically again in mid-January.
2. Homes show better during the holiday season. People like to see houses decorated in Christmas lights.
3. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays. Not only that, but they also have more time to look at homes.
4. This is a busy time for corporate relocation. A lot of people change jobs at the first of the year and need to move because of that fact, so your home needs to be on the market to take advantage of this segment of the market.
5. Many people need to purchase before the end of the year for tax purposes.
6. You can restrict days and times for showings. The most common reason people don’t want to put their home on the market this time of year is they don’t want to be inconvenienced when they have family in town or they simply don’t want to move during the holidays. Not only can we restrict days and times for showings, but we can also negotiate an extended closing or a right to occupancy for your property until after the holidays are over.
If you have any more questions about selling during the holidays or any other real estate needs at all, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d be happy to help you.